In the Summer 2014 issue of Sustainable Chicago magazine, editor Matt Baker profiles Harper Court in a cover story about the sustainable features at the sustainable development.
The components of the mixed-use project are individually LEED certified — the base building is LEED CS Gold, the office tower’s interior spaces are LEED CI Platinum, and the Hyatt Place Hotel is targeting LEED-NC Silver — while the project overall is LEED Gold – Neighborhood Development.
Features that helped the development achieve these levels of sustainability include:
- A high-performance building envelope
- Use of glass as the primary material along the street level, to provide an open exchange with pedestrians and the overall community
- District-energy mechanical systems
- Rainwater collection system
- An estimated 80% of construction waste was diverted from landfills
To view the full article, here.